HOT ROD Drag Week will make an unexpected return to Byron Dragway on Wednesday, September 21, 2022.
Due to concerns of the closure of Memphis International Raceway, the HOT ROD Drag Week 2022 Racing Schedule and route has been updated. Among the changes, Byron Dragway will now host Racing Day #3.
HOT ROD Drag Week is the ultimate test for street-legal drag racing cars: Not only do competitors have to race on four different tracks over five consecutive days, they have to drive their race car between each venue on specified routes, with photo checkpoints, that average over 1,000 miles throughout the week. What’s more, racers can only use the tools and parts they can carry in their car or in their optional trailer—towed by the race car.
HOT ROD Drag Week Presented By Gear Vendors Overdrive 2022 Dates And Locations
- Registration, Tech Day, and Test ‘n’ Tune: Sunday, September 18 – World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.
- Racing Day 1: Monday, September 19 – World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.
- Racing Day 2: Tuesday, September 20 – Lucas Oil Raceway Park, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Racing Day 3: Wednesday, Sept. 21 – Byron Dragway, Byron, Illinois.
- Racing Day 4: Thursday, Sept. 22 – Cordova Dragway, Cordova, Illinois
- Racing Day 5: Friday, Sept. 23 – World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.