Byron Dragway is seeking applicants for the General Manager position.
Qualified candidates may apply by emailing their resume and a cover letter describing why they are uniquely qualified for this position to email@example.com.
Position Title: General Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
- Management of all day-to-day operations of business, including:
- Properly schedule and lead event staff
- Racing operations (track prep, timing system operation, gate operations, fire/safety, EMT management)
- Oversee souvenir and fuel sales operations
- Manage supply logistics (ordering, stock, inventory, etc.)
- Coordinate any related contracting/procurement needs
- Daily cash management
- Coordinating maintenance and repairs
- Oversight for concession contract and execution
- Track schedule management and event planning
- Advertising/PR management
- Managing/liaising insurance (as needed)
- Securing and fulfilling track sponsorship agreements
Qualified candidates will ideally have professional experience in the racing industry, preferably in race track management. Effective leadership and communication skills. Dedicated work ethic with the ability to work long hours during the race season, including nights and weekends. Ability to learn quickly with on the job training. A focus on customer service, promoting, and growing the business.
Compensation: A competitive base salary that is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, 401k, and paid time off vacation. Opportunities for bonuses with equity ownership.
About Byron Dragway: Opened in July 1964, Byron Dragway is a successful NHRA-sanctioned facility located 45-miles west of the Greater Chicagoland Area, in Byron, Illinois. The 180+ acre facility includes a 1/4-mile drag strip with abundant area to host large scale events.