In support of a fellow local motorsports venue, Byron Dragway wants to bring awareness to a full-time job opportunity at Rocky Glen OHV Park.
Rocky Glen OHV Park is a recreational off-highway-vehicle riding facility located in Rockford, Illinois at South Main Street and Bypass Route 20. The 120-acre Park features over 20 miles of trails and three tracks for dirt bikes, quads, ATVs and other four-wheel off-highway vehicles. Features include open terrain plus winding trails full of jumps and mature trees. Tracks are available for beginners, intermediate and advanced riders. There is an administrative building with restrooms and showers, and plenty of parking.
Rocky Glen (RG) is looking for someone to fill the Manager position. This is a full-time salaried position, with benefits and opportunities for performance bonuses. A candidate must possess leadership, customer service and organizational skills. Ability to operate a skid loader, tractor and other machinery. Due to the seasonality of the business, a candidate must be willing to work a busy schedule on weekends and holidays during the months from April through November. RG operations are open to the public every weekend and holiday during this period. During the December through March period, RG is generally closed to the public and the manager’s responsibilities include strategic planning, business development, grant writing, and preparation for the upcoming season.
Rocky Glen Manager’s Roles and Responsibilities
- Establishes the goals and objectives of RG with the aim of providing the best recreational experience to the public, while being mindful of providing a safe environment and enjoyable experience for every level of riding.
- Supervises, maintains and develops RG property.
- Oversees staffing needs, budgets, daily riding.
- Oversees the work of contractors, concessionaires, and vendors.
- Accounting activities:
- Daily Activity Report
- Riders / food / DNR stickers / flags / clothing sales
- Bank deposits
- Vendor & Contractor Expenses
- Credit card & cash receipts
- Invoices received
- Payroll: Submits time sheets for every-other-week pay period
- Settles contracts and writes State of Illinois Department of Natural Resources grants;
- Daily Activity Report
- Develops strategies to increase RG revenues:
- Increased ridership
- Sponsorships and advertising
- Special ATV events
- Alternate fee-generating park uses
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org